A lot of good talented RBs went to prime locations in the 2020 draft. I will give you my rankings on how I value them going into the new season.
- Jonathan Taylor – Colts – Taylor is a true workhorse as he totaled over 300 touches all three years in college. The Colts offensive line is maybe the best in all of football. Taylor may split carries early with Marlon Mack but the talent for Taylor should get him breaking away from that competition like it did the opposing defenses in college. Taylor was good at picking up the blitz in college also which will endear him to Old Man Rivers also.
2. Clyde Edwards-Helaire – Chiefs – What is not to like about a great pass catching RB being added to the Super Bowl champions? CEH is great scheme fit to pair with Mahomes. He registered a school record 55 catches last season at LSU. I expect a lot of screen passes and go routes out of the backfield. CEH will be faced with trying to oust Damien Williams as the starter.
3. Cam Akers – Rams – I don’t believe Akers will have much of a problem landing the starting job pretty quickly. If the Rams offense clicks like it did 2 years ago we can expect big things from Akers. He is an elusive back with break away ability. Akers has the ability to also punish a defense with his angry running style. I expect Akers to be the starter and product big fantasy numbers. He was only the third Seminole to rush for 1,000 yards in multiple seasons joining Dalvin Cook and Warrick Dunn.
4. Antonio Gibson – Washington – This one is a bit tricky to me. I think Gibson is incredibly talented and played both slot WR and RB at Memphis. I worry he is a bit raw still though. We all know AP is still there along with Derrius Guice. We have no major idea which way the new coaching staff is headed in this department just yet but Gibson gives 2nd year QB Dwayne Haskins another weapon. Gibson may start out slow but I think by the end of the season we should expect big things from him.
5. Zack Moss – Bills – I think the Bills got a steal from drafting Moss. If he can stay healthy Moss could be a potential star. Right now he will be in a time share with Devin Singletary. Moss should receive some if not all of the work left by the ageless Frank Gore. This Bills team is built to win now and should have a lot of games where they are pounding the rock to close out games.